Friday, February 24, 2012

Missing Sock Ideas

If your kids are anything like mine, you've got a mountain of mis-matched socks patiently awaiting a mate. The "Sock Monster" strikes at our home with every load of laundry. I keep a bag of all of the unmatched socks to see if its mate will magically turn up. And after about a weeks I write it off as lost to the Sock Monster. Instead of just throwing them out I've learned to re-purpose them!


They make great dusting rags for the kids.  Spray a little Pledge and turn them loose to shine all of your wood surfaces!

My oldest daughter likes to do the window, I know I know love it while I can! She sprays a little White Vinegar on the window and wipes them clean with the sock hand. I don't have to worry about finger prints because they are covered!


You can make little scent sachets for your closet and drawers. I take the lent from my dryer , place a few drops of scented oil on it then put it in the sock. Finally secure the end of the sock with a pretty ribbon and place it where ever you would like!




If you have a long tube sock with a missing mate, you can cut the toe out of the end and roll it up in to a doughnut and make a sock bun! It makes a perfect ballet bun and if you wear it overnight you will really pretty loose curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment